Basic concepts are described at the stages communication page.
Currently supported stages:
- Attocube ANC300 and Attocube ANC350: most common Attocube positioner controllers. Tested with Ethernet and USB connection for ANC300, and USB connection for ANC350.
- Thorlabs APT/Kinesis: basic Thorlabs motorized stages and optomechanics devices. Tested with KDC101, K10CR1, and BSC201 motor controllers, KIM101 piezo motor controller, as well as MFF101 and FW102 (described at a different page)
- Thorlabs Elliptec: resonant piezoelectric Thorlabs stages. Tested with ELL18 and ELL14 rotational mounts.
- Newport Picomotor: precision piezo-actuated screws based on slip-stick principle. Tested with Newport 8742 Picomotor driver using Ethernet or USB connection.
- Arcus Performax: fairly common single- and multi-axis motor controllers sold under different brands: Arcus, Nippon Pulse America, or Newmark Systems. Tested with PMX-4EX device with USB connection.
- Trinamic: universal motor controllers and drivers. Tested with a single-axis TMCM-1110 controller with USB connection.
- SmarAct: high-performance piezo sliders. So far only simple open-loop SCU controllers are supported. Tested with a standard HCU controller unit.
- Physik Instrumente: piezo controllers. So far only PI E-516 is supported and tested.